Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Update from Donna & Lenny

I received the following news from Donna & Lenny (5th St) to pass along to all our Avalon friends. Sounds like they are having a wonderful summer:

Hi to all our Avalon Friends - We spent 11 days in Wisconsin with Diana and Rick. The Northwoods of Wisconsin area is beautiful. I can understand why everyone loves that area. Eagle River had lots of things going on. Diana and Rick took us all around (even the UP). There are so many pubs and they have musicians that play music just like our Avalon group. We sang and danced - what fun! We danced at street dances and at the golf club deck. What a wonderful time we had with them - lots of things to do, and the lakes in the area are unbelievable. We even got to ride on a pontoon boat all around the lakes! What a time we had. We hated to leave, but we had to move on. Can you believe we've already done over 4000 miles and we haven't even seen North Dakota yet! Today we arrived in the Detroit Lakes area of Minnesota (boy it's hot here too), but not as hot as Florida. Speaking of Florida, I had to make a reservation for Lenny to fly to Florida at the end of the month- the lump on his neck is back again. I'm sure this means surgery. Not sure how much longer we'll be able to stay on the road since we have to make it home for him to get ready to go to Florida. We'll just have to see how things go. Okay, bye for now, I'll keep you posted on our progress.

All the best to Donna & Lenny in their travels. I am sure the Avalon family will remember to say an extra little prayer for Lenny.

If anyone out there is having some summer fun let me know and I will post your news for all to enjoy.

Ed & I just returned from our home town in northern Ontario. I only saw one bear this time, but that is good news. I also got a speeding ticket - bad news! We enjoyed the fresh air and wild berries, but are kind of glad to be back at home. It gets a little too cold at night way up there.

Hope your summer is a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment