Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Summer Adventures

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful summer weather - well at least it's beautiful here in southern Ontario. Ed and I are leaving tomorrow for Sudbury, Ontario to attend yet another niece's wedding. We will get a chance to see all of Ed's brothers and sisters (including Norm & Brenda) as well two of my sisters. The following is a little excerpt from the travels of Betty and Fred who are also "on the move" these days:

Our latest adventure was a trip up to Wilton, NY to celebrate our Grandson, Carter's, first birthday. We really enjoy seeing Caleb and Carter. It is a minimum of a 4 hour drive for us. From there, we went to Fonthill, Ontario, for a 3 day visit to Colleen and Don Sabo (Avalon Lot 224.) We had a nice visit and they gave us the VIP treatment. We returned to NY and ran into the "No reservations in the computer" for our return trip. With the Saratoga Races on, the rates went up, so the motel conveniently lost our confirmed reservations. We called our son and he gave us the key to his cabin up on Sacadaga Lake. They had a pull-out couch on the screened porch. The hot weather had subsided and the temperature went down to 48 degrees that night. Fred and I had not cuddled as we did that night! After 10 days of living out of a suitcase, it was great to get back home. That is when we miss our motor home.


I have also received a request on behalf of Joan Haller from First St (next door to Ron & Pat Vanover)

Say a little prayer for me on August 17th as
I'll be undergoing knee replacement surgery. I had an AWFUL time 4years ago when I had the other one done. THANKS Joan Haller

I've also had a message about Bev (Bev & Doug Seddon) Apparently she had to go to the emergency room with bad pain in her back and vertabrae trouble.

Bev writes:


"I am feeling better since I am home. The pain is under better control as hospital is very crazy busy and I like quiet. Blood sugar and blood pressure were way out of whack!
It will take a while to get better, so Doug is learning fast how to be a homemaker,haha."

Good luck on that one Doug!

Let's all remember Bev and Joan in our prayers.



Happy Trails to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment