Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Time flies when you are having fun...

It seems to travel even faster when you are hard at work! The first few weeks of the new school year always keep me busy. I will be happy when I am once again semi-retired and living the dream in Florida.

I have received a couple of emails with news from some of our friends.

Donna B sent us an update on Lenny:

Lenny's surgery took over 3 hours, I was in a panic because the Dr. expected it to take only 2 hours unless there was complications. As it turned out, all is well so far, it appears to be a sebaceous cyst, the Dr. took several sections and had a frozen biopsy done while in the OR, they turned out okay (again) but the real test will be the pathology report from the actual cyst. She did have to remove one salivary gland on the lower left side and he has a drain in his neck. He looks all swollen, and his face is twice the normal size. The Dr. took 4 other 'blind' biopsies from the back of nose, tongue, neck and esophagus; hopefully they will turn out okay too. For those of you that have a Facebook account, check out the photo that Tina posted.
Love to everyone,
Donna

Thanks Donna for letting us know how everything is going. Poor Lenny! We all wish Lenny a speedy recovery and a clean bill of health so you can enjoy the coming season with all of your friends at Avalon.

Kirby and Deb are looking forward to winter at Avalon as well. Kirby writes:

Hi there, I've just been reading news from the "blog" you are doing a good job with it, Thanks! My golfing season is just about over, so I am looking forward to heading south. Just a small update: My lung problems are much better, I gained about 100 lbs. over the summer, I am completely bald, and I had a brain transplant. other than that , just a routine summer. Debbie is doing fine. Her Momma has to have eye surgery, so we will have to stay around for that, but, we hope to get to Avalon by early November. Will be glad to see all the " boys and girls". Glad you and Ed are staying healthy, we need a few healthy boys and girls to keep things going. Love from the Kentucky Colonel.


And here are some final words of wisdom from Marvin Harrison (of the famous Thursday night singing duo - "Bob & Marvin")

"Always take life with a grain of salt... plus a slice of lemon... and a shot of tequila."

Have a good one!

5 comments:

  1. AS SOON A SEPTEMBER CAME UPON US ,THE COOL WHETHER ARRIVED WHICH MEANT TIME TO CLOSE OUR POOL. SO SAD. GORD AND MARY MOLLENS CAME OVER AND GAVE US A HAND. NOW IT IS TIME TO THINK ABOUT PULLING OUT ALL OUR
    GARDENS THEN START PICKING APPLES OFF OUR TREE. MARY CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE APPLE SAUCE AND I JUST CUT THEM UP FOR THE FREEZER. HARVEY AND MYSELF BOTH HAVE DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER AND HOPEFULLY IF ALL IS GOOD WE ARE HEADING DOWN TO AVALON. I HOPE THE WINTER WILL BE BETTER THAN LAST YEAR. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE AGAIN. MISS YOU ALL LOVE PAULINE & HARVEY

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, to all my friends from Avalon. I just found out about this site,"better late then never" Hope you all get better soon . can't wait to see you all.
    John and I are doing good we have had a busy summer in Maine WE will be leaving Maine Oct.13th and heading to see John's grandkids in West Virginia then on to Florida ,we should be there by the end of Oct.Can't wait to see you all.
    Love Jackie Girouard and John Moncey

    ReplyDelete
  3. We agree with the rest of you that are noting the change in the weather and starting to think..."FLORIDA", land that I love !!! Marie and I will be leaving around the end of October travelling through PA to visit the family, but we should be in Avalon around November 2. Hopefully, this winter will be warmer than last season and we can enjoy the outdoors more. Lastly, we're looking forward to the cruise in January too. See you all soon and have a SAFE trip back home to Avalon.
    Marie & George (Lot 151)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be going on the cruise with Nancy Adams and John will be taking Linda Willaims.
    Thank You John for being a good friend to Linda . That's why I fell in Love with you. You Have a good heart and care about people.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurry up and get here everybody. Tom and I are the only snowbirds here.HELP!!

    ReplyDelete