Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are all enjoying some fabulous summer weather. Ed and I have been keeping pretty busy. I am only semi-retired so I am back at the office for 6 months - still enjoying weekends at the lake though! We went for a trip to Ottawa on the long weekend and had a great time with family and friends at our niece's wedding. Her parents are Brenda and Norm - they park their fifth wheel at the corner of Third St and the X row across from the pool.

I've heard rumours that others are travelling as well. I will have to ask Jane and Fred about their escapades in Las Vegas - I hope you guys won big!

I received the following note from Ron and Pat Vanover who were in Toronto on the holiday weekend:

We saw the Queen of England 2 times today. We were 50ft. from her and Prince Phillip.They have the top 2 floors of the Royal York Hotel where some of our Shriners are staying and we were there - so awesome - Royal Canadian Mounties and the whole show!!!

Ron and Pat were so kind as to include some pictures from their recent vacation in Plymouth Mass. as well as a very interesting shot of a chess board they have at their campground. Let's hope they don't decide to play darts!


1 comment:

  1. Lori, I received a disturbing phone call last night. Someone heard that Bud Adams had died. This is not true, he is alive and healthy. Please pass the word. Im sure it was a misunderstanding that someone misunderstood. Thanks so much. Dianna

    ReplyDelete