Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And now, a word from Ron Steeves, New Brunswick,

Yesterday was a particularly dull, wet, windy cool day here in New Brunswick, Canada; just like we experienced all last winter in Florida. So what do you do when you cannot comfortably work outside in the garden? I dug out the CD of the AVALON 2010 "Winter Tonic" variety show. Judy had to come see why I was sitting at my computer laughing like a fool. It is so heart-warming to see friends like Kirby entertaining us in the Indian costume. I keep humming that song seeing "Running Bear" do his thing. People continually ask me "Well, what do you do in Florida ALL WINTER?". If only they knew!!! All I can tell them is....."The winter goes so fast; the next thing I know it is mid April and time to pack up to go home. I'm already looking forward to November when we can head back to our winter retreat.
"We wish "Running Bear" a quick and complete recovery and can't wait to see he and Deb back at Avalon in the Fall"
Thanks,
Ron


2 comments:

  1. It is wonderful to know that my Mom and Dad are surrounded by so much 'family' while they are away. My children have sat and laughed watching the 'Winter Tonic', and they are amazed as Nana describes the stories that goes along with it. Keep up the great work...or is that play.
    Joanne Rivest (Lori and Ed's favorite daughter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there boys and girls, I liked, and can relate to Ron's comments. There seem to be some pics floating around out there. Some of "RUNNING BARE" and some of "FEARLESS DWIGHT" What happened to= What happens at AVALON-"STAYS" at AVALON??

    ReplyDelete