Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Aloha Avalon

I was crossing the Howard Franklin on my way home and found myself already looking forward to next season. What a great group of friends we have at Avalon! More than friends, really - we are a family. But how do you keep track of this "family" during the off season? Why not a blog - kind of an electronic newsletter? We can exchange news and keep in touch, make plans for the coming year - maybe even share a laugh or a tear. I hope that in time "Avaloners" (Avalonians?) perhaps even some "Donovanites" (Ron and Judy you KNOW I mean you!) will send me info to share or perhaps post comments of their own. Spread the word to all our friends and keep those lines of communication open from season to season.

Although I am hoping we will have many happy posts, I do have sad news to share this time around. Our dear friend and neighbor Glenn Adams passed away on April 19, 2010. He was our "bicycle man", printer of tickets, signs and programs and an avid participant in many Avalon activities before his illness. He will be greatly missed on the shuffle courts, at Friday night Darts and especially at the "Morning Meetings". Rest in Peace dear brother.
Please keep Lorraine and family in your thoughts and prayers during this sad time.

6 comments:

  1. Ray and Joni Villani sent this message:
    We think sharing our contact list is a fabulous idea. We have grown to know and love our Avalon family and would want to always keep in touch.
    Condolences to Glenn's wife Lorraine on his passing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorie & Ed, Thank You for starting this newsletter.
    What a great idea!
    Doug and I are on our way back to Lazy Days near Tampa on Friday to pick up a new trailer.
    The Bear was a little too small. We will be moving down near Norm and Jackie and Don & Colleen still on the island, as our clubhouse spot will be too small.
    We have sent a card to Lorraine and will keep Her & Glenn in our prayers.....Bev Seddon dbseddon@rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saying Hi to the gang, we Don(Big Daddy) & I haven't been to Avalon in three years. We've been out west. We love hearing from all our friends in the camp and still keep in touch with our Avalon family. Bonnie & Don Floreske bfloreske1994@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori and Ed: Great idea! Also, I am pleased to see that you have carried on Glenn and Lorraine's Photo Bucket. I do enjoy the pictures. I had a good drive home and arrived here on Mar. 30th. As you may or not know, I live in the country (south of Brantford, ON)on a one acre lot surrounded by trees. Hence, I have been raking leaves and cleaning up the grounds of my hosienda. I'm waiting for rainy days so I can stay in to do some housework. I am now on Skype and have visited with Kirby and Debbie, still in Florida. This technolgy blows my mind! I will keep in touch. Carole Logan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Lori and Ed for this wonderful way to keep in touch with my winter family. I arrived home on April 21st and my son and I had a wonderful trip home. I hail from Hazleton, Pa. which is in Northeast Pennsylvania, the gateway to the Pocono Mountains. Pepe (vicious chichihua or killer dog as some call him} miss all of our Avalon neighbors.
    My sister, Ruth Throne is in the process of moving into a Senior Citizen apartment. As some of you know, she sold her place on Second St. at Avalon and won't be coming back there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. joanclay4 is Joan Claypotch at #205 in Avalon. Sorry I didn't mention that in the original comment.

    ReplyDelete