Friday, April 15, 2011

Where have all the snowbirds gone?

It is hard to believe that just a few days ago the streets of Avalon were full of merrymaking vacationers and it was hard to get from the pool to the Rec Hall without a lot of hand-waving and hello-ing! It is really quiet here! And it's going to get even quieter by the end of the month. But, it has been a good season! The weather has been awesome and the fellowship....well, you all know why we love Avalon.....it's the people who make this place a wonderful home away from home.

I heard that Paul and Jan Urquhart have arrived home safely in New Brunswick after being chased by a tornado (maybe it was just a cloud of dust kicked up by an angry greyhound trying to get his share of the winnings!)
Ansel and Dorothy had a small mishap on the way (somebody rear-ended them!) but they were able to continue on and made it home. As they say "No news is good news." so I imagine the rest of you are doing just fine.

I have added a page to the blog called AVALON BULLETIN BOARD. A number of folks have expressed an interest in being able to contact people who might have a place for sale or rent in Avalon. If you click on the page heading you will see the instructions for those interested in posting an ad. We will see how this works and modify it as we go along.

Ed and I will be leaving for home on the weekend. I will miss this place - but most of all I will miss you guys! Six months is a long time...I am sure I will be looking forward to November before I even get across that old Howard Franklin Bridge!

Happy trails to all! I will be in touch after I get back home.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to here that everyone is doing ok... John and I have been here in W.V. for 2 weeks now and we have one more week to go befor we leave for Maine... John has been busy doing repair's here at his daugther's home and I've been on the phone tryng to get our wedding plans togther for next Jan. Not sure if we will get married on the cruise or just do it at coffee morning meeting on Monday ( LOL ).
    Have great summer everyone and stay safe.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got back home safely. We just want to tell you that we appreciate what you are doing for us. It is nice to hear about everybody.We are anxious to see you in November.

    Yvonne and Gilles (209)

    ReplyDelete